Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goal for the Year: IPv6

First blog post for the year! Yay? And I'm only setting myself one goal for the year: Learn everything about IPv6 and set it up at home.

And by everything, I mean everything; from IPv6 packet headers to the implementation complexities to the business issues to the security issues to the political issues.

Why? Because, potentially, in the next decade, migrating from IPv4 to IPv6 will become important, and considering that it's a topic that I know next-to-nothing about, other than what I've read in passing on IRC, it's a knowledge gap that needs filling.

It's certainly possible that this will all take me less than a month, assuming enough free time. When that time comes, perhaps I'll pick a non-geek goal to spend my time on this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment