Friday, May 4, 2018

tree

Cherie and I recently moved into our first home, and outside of the excitement of buying furniture, fixing broken stuff, unpacking boxes, and the rest of the mountain of work that goes into moving houses, I found myself on a Monday afternoon with a spare couple of hours to work on my NES emulator. But I ran into a small problem; on my personal MacBook, I don't have the tree command installed, and I didn't have an internet connection at the new house yet. So I decided to write it.

https://github.com/ltriant/tree

It was a fun way to burn a couple of hours, I got to have some fun writing some C for the first time in a while, and I was reintroduced to writing makefiles (I forgot about all the handy implicit rules). It's incredibly simple code for an incredibly simple problem, and it's not really portable at all, but it works on my MacBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment