Saturday, June 27, 2015

Early Mornings Again

About six years ago, when I started working full-time, I got into the habit of waking up at around 5am (along with the habit of going to sleep early), but slowly, over time, that creeped up and up until I was finally getting out of bed at 7am, which left me with just enough time to quickly put some clothes on and run out to the bus stop by 7:15am so I can go to work and still get there just barely on time at 8:30am.

I was still tired when I woke up. I was getting to sleep later. I was skipping breakfast until I got to work to buy something from a cafe. I was coming home still tired and exhausted. Add basketball and strongman training on top of that and I was a bit of a mess. And the worst part is that I was spending less time with Cherie.

Well, as of about six weeks ago, I've started waking up at 5am again, getting to work by 7:30am and leaving work just after 4pm. From there, I go past Cherie's work and we travel home together.

I go to sleep earlier, I get home earlier (which gives me more time each night to do things), I see Cherie more and, overall, I feel so so so very much better during the day than I did before.

Feels like a win to me.

"If you want to get shit done, wake up before the sun comes up." - Jim Wendler

No comments:

Post a Comment