Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Little Moments

Thursday night is bin night. I often go to the gym on Thursday night's after work, so it's usually about 10pm by the time I get around to taking the bins out. At 10pm it's dark, it's pretty quiet - none of the neighbours or their kids are making much noise - and the air is fresh and cool. For those few moments, my feet are bare, my head is clear, my eyes are relaxed, I'm breathing in nothing but cool, fresh air and it is, without a doubt, the quietest and most relaxing few moments of my entire week.

Lately I've been finding myself having little moments like these more and more, from eating a sushi roll while waiting at the end of the train platform at Southern Cross Station after work to slowly walking around the supermarket late at night when there's barely anyone else around to enjoying a coffee before dawn in the backyard just prior to leaving home to go to work.

I think as I've gotten a little older I've come to appreciate the little things a lot more. They're not life-changing, but they're pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment