Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Year

This is my first post of the new year, so some introspection is required!

As a very occasional blogger, I've become content with my blogging over the past year. Since making the decision to not just make this about programming and tech-related stuff, but also about many other aspects of my life, I've found it much easier and more natural, and less of a chore, to write.

Will this change? Am I going to start writing about other facets of my life that I don't already write about? Perhaps, but I don't feel a need to just yet.

Am I going to write about the same things but change the coverage? Probably.

I'd like to blog more about food. Partly because I love eating it so much, but also because it's something I like reading and thinking about aswell. I like to plan meals. I like to mix certain foods together. My girlfriend is an awesome cook, and if she won't share her own recipes and ideas on a blog, I will god dammit!

What about lifting weights? Strongman? Powerlifting? Olympic weightlifting? Bodybuilding? Well, I'm currently in preparation for my next strongman comp and am taking a different, smarter (I think) approach to my comp prep this time, which I'll write about soon along with other thoughts about programming for strongman, since there are so many ways to do it. But also, after the next comp, I'm going to take a bit of a change in direction with my lifting, which I'll write about once I figure out some more details.

Travel? Well, my girlfriend and I have done a bit of travelling over the past couple of years to the US, and now we're trying to save a bit of money, so the travelling is more likely to be domestic. Although, now that my brother is moving permanently to the US (if he can get a job and a visa) and my girlfriend's brother and his wife are expecting a child in June, another trip to the US may happen sooner than expected...

No comments:

Post a Comment